Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I've always loved Valentine's Day. I love flowers. I love chocolate. My favorite color is red. Oh, and I love any excuse to have a special night with my husband. :) It's my kind of holiday.

This year we had a low-key night in on Friday night (we had things going on both Saturday and Sunday nights). We put James to bed and had a quiet dinner for two.

This was my gift to Paul:


The menu included appetizers (stuffed mushrooms, hot artichoke dip, and fresh fruit and dip), pan-seared salmon, broccoli with roasted garlic and lemon, cheddar biscuits, rice pilaf, chocolate chip cookie dough truffles, and apple cider pudding cake a la mode. :) I went a little bit overboard.

This was Paul's gift to me:


I don't know if the picture adequately shows how large this bouquet is. When Paul walked in, I thought he was holding a rose bush! It's pretty safe to say that this is the biggest flower arrangement I have ever received. Thank you, Paul! :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

A.MA.ZING. You are still my cooking hero. I'm glad I got to sample some of your appetizers & desserts! And the flowers are lovely!