Samuel Kenji Peterson was born on October 30, 2012 at 7:21pm. He weighed a whopping 8 pounds 15 ounces and was 20.75 inches long. He's so cute. I stare at him all the time. And I smooch him. And I stare at pictures of him. I'm kinda obsessed. ;)
I have been thinking about blogging a lot recently. I most certainly fell off the bandwagon there for a while. It just wasn't fun for me anymore. Life is so busy, and I didn't look forward to blogging. I like looking back at it though. I like having a record of our family. I think I want to jump back in. I think.
Who knows, we'll see if I keep it up at all. I just think it's sad how little a record of Sarah there is. And goodness! Sam's already outgrowing the newborn phase! I'm trying not to have any crazy expectations of myself. I'm going to keep posts short and easy. And hopefully there will be more than one per year. Ha.
Here's a quick bullet-style update:
- James turned FIVE. He's learning to read, and he can add numbers up to 12+12. He's still hilarious. And he still amazes us almost daily.
- Sarah has turned into a master conversationalist almost overnight. She has a great sense of humor. She's been a huge help with baby Sam, and she loves to make him happy.
- I'm still singing with the Portland Ensign Choir and Orchestra. I've been the Assistant Choir Director for the last year, which has been tons of fun.
- Paul just was drafted onto a semi-pro adult baseball league. We're all excited for him to be playing ball again this summer. Oh yeah, and his team name is the Portland Yankees. *shudder*
- Sam can roll over both ways but frequently gets stuck on his tummy, which makes him very mad. He loves to be part of the action, and he already looks up to his older brother and sister.
- Oh...and Paul and I may have turned 30. Maybe.