Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fallen Behind

It has been brought to my attention that it has been far too long since I last posted a blog entry. And it really has! The problem is, I can't figure out where to begin.

The most important thing that has happened since I last posted is that my sister gave birth to a perfect, new baby, Katherine Dawn. I am so glad that I got to spend a week with my family in Utah and meet this beautiful little girl.



The week in Utah was full of fun and family, and even though James was sick for the first half of the trip, we both had a wonderful time.

So, where do I start from here now that I have fallen so far behind?

Do I post more stories and pictures from my week in Utah? Or, do I start with the Easter Egg hunt we had at playgroup? Do I go back further and talk about St. Patrick's Day and Paul's perfect game of Ticket to Ride (even though his record has now been thoroughly trashed by Jonathan ;) )? Or further still, and chronicle our trip to Utah at the end of February? I barely mentioned that trip when it happened, and I do have at least a couple pictures to share from it. Oh! And let's not forget! I never actually blogged about our trip to Colorado for Christmas!

I'm conflicted because this blog serves two main purposes. The first one is to keep family and friends updated about what is going on in our little family. For that purpose, it would be best to keep forging ahead and post about what James has been up to in the week since we got back from Utah and not dwell what I have missed. The second purpose of this blog, though, is to serve as our family journal. It would not be an accurate journal if I left out all these big events!

I think, in the end, the best course of action is a mixture of the two. And I'll try my best to just keep on posting! :)

1 comment:

Jamie Hansen said...

Yay! I think you did a wonderful job. I love seeing pictures of James and hearing all about what you guys are up to in Oregon. Thanks for posting! Miss you already!