Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kicked the Bucket

My poor laptop seems to have perished. I was innocently perusing my twitter page last Sunday, and, poof! A Blue Screen of Death appeared, followed immediately by a short but violent death scene consisting of the computer shutting itself off and then attempting (unsuccessfully) to reboot itself over and over until I put it out of it's misery by shutting it off completely. It was a sad, sad day. We haven't had a chance to figure out whether I'll be able to save my files (including 10 months of pictures!!), but I'm crossing my fingers (and toes, and eyes, and anything else that can be crossed) that this story will have a happy ending.

Until then, I'm becoming acquainted with Paul's laptop. I'm going to have to work out a new system for transferring my pictures, but it may take a little time.

To keep you going until my triumphant (hopefully) return to blogging, my sister recently posted a whole bunch of pictures on her photo album, including a couple of cute videos of James from while we were there. Take a look: Whitmer Family Photo Album (Katie's Blessing).

2 comments:

BusyMama said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. We had the same thing happen, we still don't know what to do about it.

Emily said...

Sad day! I hope it ends well for you!