Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wheels on the Bus

Funny story...on Monday I received a text message from my mom (Hi, Mom!) that said simply, "May 14th!" What was she referring to, you may wonder? Can you figure it out? I sure couldn't. Turns out she was referring to the date of my last entry on this blog. ;) Ha ha.

Yep, I know it's been a while. We've been pretty busy! Now I have all kinds of fun things I can blog about, and once again I find myself not knowing where to start.

For the sake of moving along and getting things going again, I decided to start with this cute video I took last night. I've been trying to teach James a song, but he wasn't really picking up on any of the songs I was choosing. Then, sometime last week, I noticed he was humming along with one of his toys that plays "Wheels on the Bus". I jumped at my chance, and sure enough, James started singing "round and round" that very day!



My favorite part is his little laugh at the very end of the video. Oh, he makes me smile. :)

5 comments:

Paula said...

I love that James gets a kick out of himself. That laugh at the end made us laugh a lot too! But, I think my favorite part is the bye bye at the end. That's so fun that he's starting to learn a song! Thanks for posting it!

Crazy In Love said...

So cute! I am glad I found your blog. It made me smile :) James is such a cutie and I loved the bye bye I got today at playgroup.

Sharon said...

Absolutely adorable! I wish I could be nearer to you guys and see you some time!

Grace said...

Thanks for the new video. I have been waiting and waiting. I look at your blog all the time. James is so articulate on his Bye Bye....very good. I don't think I could really understand Paul or Steven until they were 3 years old. It was always this jibberish like they were speaking to us in their own language. The girls always talked so much sooner. K was talking clearly at 18 months and singing I am a child of God. Diana and Stephanie took a little longer. K sounded like a frog however. Thanks for sharing.

Gramma Grace

BusyMama said...

I think he could kick most kids' bums in the speaking clearly department (mine included!). Go James! Carter loves that song too, he just won't sing it. :)