Friday, April 30, 2010

"I reading Book of Mormon!"

On a good day, when James wakes up in the morning or from his nap, he sings or talks to himself contentedly until I go get him. Today was a good day. :) He was talking to himself happily when I opened the door to his room after his nap.

When I walked in, he looked up and said, "Mommy! I reading Book of Mormon! I reading Book of Mormon!" He was so proud of himself. He has a board book full of Book of Mormon stories, and Paul must have read from it to him last night before bed, because it had been sitting on James' bookcase, which he can reach from his crib.

He was flipping through the pages and "reading" the stories to himself. :)

I had no idea he knew the stories came from the Book of Mormon! It took me a second to realize what he was saying, and that it was (sort of) true! I ran for the camera to try and get him to say it for me. We had a nice little conversation:


I've said it many times before, but it's just amazing to me how much James learns and how quickly! I constantly need to remind myself not to underestimate what he understands. He's pretty incredible! :)

1 comment:

Jamie Hansen said...

I can't wait to see you all again and soon! James is so cute. I love how he still surprises me with his "bye"s sometimes.