Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Long time no Blog!

I'm back! I know you were all anxiously awaiting my return to blogging (ok, maybe two of you...possibly three), and here I am! I got back in town last Friday night, had a weekend of fun around the Portland area with some friends from the internet, and things are finally settling down to "normal" (whatever that means). The biggest thing that's been keeping me from sitting down to post here is that I have absolutely no idea where to start! I still don't know, but I figured if I just started writing I'd get somewhere. Hopefully I'll get caught up soon!

OK, I can't think of a better way to begin this blog entry than with a very cute video of James laughing, can you? This one was caught at the airport in Denver. I got to spend an extra hour with my mom because my flight home was delayed:



Unfortunately this video doesn't show the best laughs. He was laughing harder than I've ever seen him laugh right before we got the camera out, but of course he didn't find the camera as funny as my face. ;) C'est la vie.

James and I had an absolutely wonderful time in Colorado with my family. I'm so glad we got to visit! I'm so grateful to Paul for being supportive of me taking this trip. The only thing that would have made it better is if he could have been there with me.

Here are a few pictures from my adventures with James in Pagosa Springs, CO:

I swear, there were no baby boy hats to be found anywhere! We had to improvise...at least we got the team right!


Pagosa Springs is very beautiful. It's in the southwest corner of Colorado (a six and a half hour drive from Louisville!), in the middle of the mountains. We went on two very short hikes to see waterfalls. It was gorgeous!


Like I said, we had a wonderful time. I really like living in Oregon, but it does have one flaw, and that is being so far away from our families. I hope we'll be able to visit (and have people come visit us here!) often in the future!


I obviously have way more pictures than I can post here, so the rest of them can be found here. Don't be surprised if a few of them show up in future blog entries, though. ;)

Oh, and just in case you were feeling bad for Paul for missing out on all the fun, he found a few things to do to keep him busy:


In addition to the white water rafting, Paul also went out to sushi and went to a minor league baseball game while we were gone. :)

3 comments:

Steven said...

That's cool that your having fun with Paul and James :)

Amanda said...

Who did Paul go whitewater rafting with? Looks like you had a fun couple of weeks!

Jennie said...

He went with a bunch of coworkers of his. They went somewhere a couple hours away in Washington.