Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day and a Fun Weekend

We had a pretty great weekend. It was nice to be back together again after Paul was gone for most of the week. Paul even ditched his softball game on Friday night to stay home with me! :)

On Saturday, Paul and I made our weekly trip to Uwajimaya. As we were getting off the freeway we saw a homeless man with a sign that said "Dreaming of a Whopper with Cheese". We thought it was cool that he actually was asking for food and not money, so we considered going to Burger King to get him one. After we did our shopping, we saw that there was a Burger King right across the street, so we figured we just had to buy the homeless guys (the guy with the sign had a friend standing next to him) whoppers with cheese. We were so excited as we headed back to the intersection where the man had been standing...and he was packing up to leave! His friend was sitting down and eating something from a bag that looked suspiciously like it had come from Burger King. We were too late! Discouraged, we tried to figure out what to do. We didn't want the burgers to go to waste (whoppers are surprisingly expensive, come to find out). So, we drove down the ramp a little further and found a couple more homeless men about to pack up and leave. Paul caught the attention of one of them, and we were finally able to give away the whoppers. We were pretty amused. And James slept through the whole thing. :)

Saturday was also a big day for James. We gave him his first solid (well, barely solid) food! I'm going to post a couple pictures and a video of that later, but he seemed to like it quite a bit!

Sunday was Father's Day as you all know. We didn't do anything extravagant, but I hope Paul had a good day overall. I had asked him what he wanted for dinner, and he didn't really know. I gave him some options, and he decided I should try something new. So, I had my first cooking adventure! I made slow-cooked pork chops in the Crock Pot. I got the recipe from a blog I came across called The Newlywed's Cookbook. They were tasty! They weren't much to look at, so I didn't take a picture, but Paul definitely loved how flavorful they were. I'm going to keep trying Crock Pot recipes in the future. It was pretty simple, and they just sort of cooked themselves!

Well, this blog entry is getting long, but I wanted to post a couple pictures of Paul and James in honor of Father's Day (I know I'm late...oh well!):

James stares very intently at people in general, but he's always had a special look for his Daddy. It's a mixture of love and awe. He loves it when Paul gets home from work and picks him up.


James also loves playing with his Daddy. They had some really good play time on Sunday (I was making dinner, so I didn't get any pictures, sadly). Here are a couple pictures of them playing together:


I love my husband so much, and I am grateful for the father that he has become over these last few months. Thank you, Paul!

No comments: