Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude - Week #3 (Belated)

I didn't manage to post my grateful things on Friday when I was in Colorado, but I definitely didn't want to skip it altogether because I have a lot to be grateful for this week!

1. Jamie's return home! It was so wonderful to be all together as a family again. It's been a very long time since we've been able to spend time all together. The only people missing were the husbands (we missed you Paul and Brian!), but they get to come for Christmas! I can't wait!

2. My supportive husband. Thank you once again for letting me go to Colorado for the week, Paul! I know it was hard being alone at home, and I missed you terribly, but I can't tell you how much it meant to me to be able to be with my family and see Jamie.

3. A happy, healthy (mostly) baby. Poor little Becca and James got colds while we were in Colorado. It was the first time James has been sick! And he was amazing. He was happy and active still--just a little more clingy than normal. He didn't like it when we kept having to wipe his nose, but he was such a trooper. I'm grateful that he is so healthy and strong.

4. My daddy. Even though he is currently in the busiest time of year at work, he took lots of time to be with us at home last week. I'm so grateful for all his hard work for our family, and for his love and support. Plus, he makes AMAZING food. Those waffles we had on Sunday night were pretty much the best I've ever eaten.

5. Eternal perspective. There are so many negative things that happen in this world, and it's hard not to let them get you down--especially when the bad things are happening to close friends and family members. I'm grateful for the testimony I have of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the joy it brings to my life. Without the perspective the doctrines of the church add to my outlook towards trials and challenges, I wouldn't be able to be truly happy.

What are you thankful for this week? :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

1) The complete ridiculousness of Twilight and being in a theater with friends who laughed right along with me. At parts that were not supposed to be funny . . . I think.

2) Having my application in for the CU-Denver School of Public Affairs! Finally.

3) Two weeks left of class: 1 project, 1 paper, 1 in-class final, and a few critiques and I'm done with this semester.

4) Pecan pie. Cornbread stuffing without unnecessary soggy fruit. Whole cranberry sauce. Smooth mashed potatoes. Etc.

5) A Colbert Christmas. Especially descants of "Are you high?" and "My nutmeg"