A couple years ago, back in my livejournal days, I posted three things I was grateful for every day during the month of November. It was an idea I got from one of my roommates at the time. I recently read through some of those entries, and I briefly considered doing the same thing on this blog this year. I decided posting every day was a little much (and, let's be honest, I was also worried that I'd lose all five of my Loyal Readers who only come here to see the cute pictures of James).
I do like the idea of pointing out things I'm grateful for, and November is the perfect month for it. I have decided to post five things I'm grateful for every Friday for the month of November (well, who knows, I may enjoy it so much I will continue past November). They can be specific to the week, or just general. And you (my Loyal Readers ;) ) should, too! Each week when I post my five, you should post five of your own in the comments. Then we can all be grateful together! I really hope you decide to join with me, because I'm excited at the prospect of hearing the things you have to say.
Five things I am grateful for this week:
1. The Oregon weather. I know I'll probably get tired of it by the time it's been like this for five months, but right now it is gorgeous. Rainy, cool, and beautiful.
2. Gmail chat. I love that I can keep in touch with people so easily. I can ask Paul a quick question whenever I need to. I can commiserate with Paula about whatever annoying thing our children are doing at the time. I can make exciting plans and brainstorm ideas with Lisa. Oh the joy it brings! :)
3. The democratic process. I have rather successfully avoided talking about controversial topics very much this election, but I am indeed grateful for the freedom that we have in this country and the ability we have to vote on issues and representatives.
4. Rewritable DVDs. Paul and I don't have a DVR or Tivo, so we use rewritable DVDs to watch our tv shows that we can't catch when they are on. It's a beautiful thing.
5. James' laugh. He never fails to brighten my day. Babies can be so annoying ("I swear! I just changed your stinky diaper FIVE MINUTES ago!") sometimes, but that sweet laugh erases all the bad.
Your turn! What are you grateful for this week? (Mom, I think you'd better swallow your fears and finally comment. :) )