Monday, September 29, 2008

A Fun Weekend, and a Baby who thinks he's a Toddler

Weekends are my favorite. Now more than ever. I love the time we get to spend together as a little family and the adventures we have around the apartment and out and about Beaverton. James loves the time when Daddy's home, too.


This weekend was pretty typical and yet very fun. Friday, we stayed out late watching Paul play softball. Saturday began with a late morning (James let us sleep in!), watching the first two episodes of this season of Heroes, and heading off to buy some food at our favorite Japanese grocery store, Uwajimaya.

When we drove up to the store, we found the parking lot taken over by a huge festival! There were booths and food, a giant Hello Kitty walking around, and, my personal favorite, Taiko drummers! I was so sad that I didn't have my camera on me. We had fun walking around, tasting things, and listening to the sound of the drums. For those of you that aren't familiar with Taiko drumming, it's traditional (though relatively recent in origin) Japanese ensemble drumming, and it's extremely athletic. The drums are huge and the drummers always put on a good show. If you ever have the chance to see a Taiko group perform, you should!

Anyway, it was a great afternoon! Then, that night, Paul spent some quality time with James while I went to the Relief Society General Meeting. The broadcast is one of my favorites every year. I wish it happened more than once a year! Elder Uchtdorf's talk was very inspiring. Well, ALL the talks were inspiring! I'm so grateful to Paul for letting me go to the broadcast and not have to worry about James. :)

Speaking of James, he has been constantly getting himself into trouble lately. I'm seriously considering getting rid of all of our stuff and living a minimalist existence. He pulls out books and movies from our shelves, rips pages if we don't get there fast enough, and dumps out any basket he can find. He's also constantly surprising me at the things he can reach now. I don't like picking up after him 24 hours a day, and so I end up living in even worse clutter than we normally have.

Here's a picture of James very proud of himself for pulling laundry out of the basking and books off our shelf. Apparently he wants to learn music theory already! ;)


I think he looks very grown up in this picture. I can't believe he's already 8 months old this week! Despite all the troublemaking, this is an incredibly fun age. He's more and more aware of things going on around him, and he is so happy you can't help but love him. Yes, even when he's tearing a corner off a page in your Bible.

No comments: