Paul and I have been watching The Office lately (SO funny!). The other day we watched an episode towards the beginning of the second season where the temp starts a fire in the office, and they all get evacuated. When they're waiting to get the ok to go back in, Jim starts a game of Desert Island where they all have to name the five movies they would take with them to a Desert Island.
That night before falling asleep, Paul and I discussed our own Desert Island Five, and I was very pleased with mine. Here they are with explanations:
1. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - My very favorite. :) Swashbuckling, witty banter, and--of course--Captain Jack Sparrow. This one was a no-brainer.
2. Ocean's Eleven - Another no-brainer for me. This one covers the comedy and good looking actors category. Plus it has a great soundtrack.
3. The Emperor's New Groove - More funny. :) I needed an animated movie in my five, and really, I can't top David Spade as a llama.
4. Newsies - This one fulfills my need for a musical. Singing and dancing galore! I figure I'll need something to sing along to on a desert island. (Close second for this slot: That Thing You Do! In fact, now that I think about it, I'm unsure again.)
5. You've Got Mail - This was the toughest choice. I knew I needed a good love story to finish out my five, but it was hard to narrow it down. In the end, I love Tom Hanks too much, so this one won. (Others that were in the running: Runaway Bride and While You Were Sleeping)
There you have it. You may notice that there aren't any serious movies on my list. I decided that if I were stranded I would need movies that I can watch over and over again and still love. All five of my choices fit that requirement. I also figure I would want lighthearted movies to keep my spirits up.
So, what are your Desert Island Five? :)