Friday, April 19, 2013

A Colorado Wedding

Last weekend I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to spend a quick weekend in Colorado with my parents and attend the wedding of a good friend from high school.

I was sad that it had to be such a short trip, but so happy that I got to go! Sam was a great travel buddy. My parents were wonderful hosts (as always!). And the wedding was beautiful!

I'm so terrible at picture taking (I didn't even take my camera out of my backpack), but my dad took some great pictures on his phone:








The wedding was at Red Rocks, and the whole thing was gorgeous and a lot of fun. Thank you to Cat and her family for having us!

In spite of it being such a short trip, we did squeeze in an amazing breakfast of my dad's should-be-world-famous waffles before I had to head to the airport. Thanks to some high winds in Denver, my flight was two hours delayed, but Sam was a trooper, and we eventually made it home in one piece.

Meanwhile, back in Oregon, Sarah and James had a blast with their Daddy. He took them to Krispy Kreme for breakfast on Saturday and then to a Little League baseball game.



On Sunday, I came home to a clean house (thanks to Paul!) and a tasty home cooked dinner (thanks to Natalie!). It was a nice welcome after spending too long at the airport.

It should be noted that the weather in Colorado over the weekend was wonderful, and that by Monday afternoon (after I left) it looked like this:


Silly, Colorado!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

So good to see you and meet Sam! He is such a sweetheart.